Wednesday 26 February 2014

The Dark Angels paint continues

Hi Guys
I had the week off last week for the kids half turn and had a thoroughly great time in the lake district Kayak Fishing.

Even though it doesn't look like I've got a lot done work has been continuing apace.

Its about this time that I get a low in my painting morale, I seem to spend hours painting for no obvious results.

80 Marines ready to rumble.

Now ready to start shading 

5th battle company, 6th Tactical support company, 9th Heavy support Company

Mk IV dreadnought and Venerable Dreadnought

5th Company Command Squad.

So colours used so far are:
Cold Grey for pipes and between armour plates.
Scarlett red with some black for purity seals and lights
Chainmail silver for tops of backpacks and weapons and magazines
Leather brown for pouches
Khaki for purity seal ribbons, Chest Eagle wings and company markings
Magic Blue for the Krak Grenades
Electric blue for eyes
Tinny tin for skulls and stuff

Finally... finally I can start to get on with making these models look more realistic.

The next step is an important one. I now need to spray them with gloss or satin varnish
this is for a number of reasons the main one is to protect the work I've done so far and secondly allow a good surface for the oil paints to do their job.

After I've used the oils I'll probably start to paint Demi squads at a time, 80 models is a few to many to concentrate on doing the finishing touches on.





No comments:

Post a Comment